Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The meat and potatoes..

I want to start off by saying that blogging totally freaks me out. Like, scares the living daylights out of me.

My thoughts and feelings toward blogging and online journals up until a few weeks ago were as follows:


"You mean to tell me that people actually enjoy that anyone and everyone can read your thoughts, dreams, ideas, goals, worries, fears and all of the other ins-and-outs that make you, you? Wheres the enjoyment in that?! I'm perfectly comfortable lying at the foot of my bed, journal open, pen in hand, writing for hours and getting lost in conversations with God - just between Him and I.  Maybe I would let my future husband read through them one day. These pages are definitely for my kids one day down the road so they can get a good laugh or two at how silly their mom was growing up. But the purpose of my journals are mostly for me to reflect back on in 3 months, 6 months, a year from now to see how God answered prayers and romanced me in the most intimate and personal of ways. That is comfortable and safe to me.  Yep, that sounds good."


But thats just the thing that drove me to begin this blog - I was comfortable.  I know its a weird thing to say, but being comfortable in my life is beginning to disgust me. Seriously, though. I believe God calls us to be uncomfortable; to be pushed out of our comfort zone.  Why? Because its been in my uncomfortability that I've been able to see God work in massive ways and pour out blessings beyond measure. I was on the phone with my best friend the other day and we were talking about the crazy things that God is doing in our lives. I started telling her some big things that are coming up in the next few months for me that I feel that God is directing and opening up doors in, but it makes me sooo nervous (Don't worry, I will spill the beans on all of the specifics in due time). Her response was simply that that she feels like I get nervous alot, but once I get over it and find the courage to follow through with those things, that's when I start to see God really begin to move in crazy, huge, and beautiful ways. I was tempted to be insulted at first, but after I thought about it, I could not agree more.  She's right; I DO get nervous alot.  Maybe that's something I need to work on. I don't really want to be remembered for my fears.  But as long as I have the courage to carry out those things that God is pushing me toward, I am confident that I cannot be defeated. God wants to push us to the seemingly impossible.  To those things that are so crazy for His Kingdom that we would crash and burn if He DIDN'T show up. I dont know about you, but I want to live like that: to see the impossible happen. To change the world. I have crazy plans and ideas, and I have no clue how its all going to happen, and thats ok. I just need to be obedient. I guess what Im trying to say that the way God is showing me that I am going to begin changing the world is by beginning this blog and getting my words out for you to read. I know, it sounds crazy.  But just trust me with this one...


The heart behind why I want to start writing more publically is to be a blessing to others. That said, a blessing is always meant to be shared. It is meant to move forward and be passed along so that it can then flourish and impact others. Thats the real purpose of ministry, according to Shane Claiborne (From his book Follow Me to Freedom. Amazing book. Check it out). I can align behind him on that one. 

That said, I am going to need your help. First, follow my blog.  If a particular blog entry blesses you, I need you to do me a favor and share it. How? Simply hit the "share" button on my facebook newsfeed of that particular blog entry, and encourage your friends to read it. Or, just keep it in mind when your talking with a friend who may be going through something that would benefit from reading one of these posts. Pass it along; pay it forward.  My words do no good cooped up in the diary on my bed, neither do these posts do any good if they remain unread.  Share and bless others.

The purpose of my blog is to share my heart out to whoever I am called to minister to in words.  Its to show love, to encourage, to push, and to laugh with me on this journey of life.  Its to share things that God is up to, what He's teaching me in the most unconventional of lesson plans, and simply to share life together with you. I will forewarn you, its going to get random.  I have a feeling that no two posts will look alike, or follow the same theme.  That's part of the fun - never knowing what to expect :)  But at the same time, It is my hope that this blog gets FILLED with prayers, and just as many answers to prayer. 


Shout out to my dear friends Nicole, Brooke and Earl who are lovingly pushing me in the direction of the public eye with my writing.  Even through all of my excuses, I came out of our 1st SL2 Writing Group this past Saturday with this encouragement carved into my heart:  "Just start writing, God will show you the purpose and direction you are to go with it in the process. Enjoy the process". So here goes nothing.



Enjoy,

Kathryn

5 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing THIS blessing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so wonderful Miss Kathryn! This is amazing, and I can't wait to read more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this :) I am looking forward to sharing in full the blessings from God in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing inspiration, Kathryn! Your love for the Lord truly shines through you in everyway! I am excited to read more! Blessings to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited that you are allowing God to use you in new ways! Like I said before, I can already feel the blessings coming! Can't wait to see where this takes you and how it affects others lives, including my own. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete