Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Everything


Happy Wednesday, everyone!  The week is half over and we're only three days away from the long, holiday weekend - score! I wanted to share something that is near and dear to my heart that I've been thinking about quite a bit the past several days.

A group of 15-or-so women from my church went on a retreat to Cannon Beach about a month ago. We agreed that we should have called this trip more of a "workshop" than a "retreat" because God was definitely at work within us and we were busy doing His work that weekend.  He wrote the agenda.  He led our bible studies, activities, free time and our worship sessions.  Say what? I mean that I dont think much went according to original plan because of how clearly and emphatically He directed each minute of the weekend. When God said to move, we moved. We even forgot about the bottles of wine we had smuggled in with us - not one bottle was even opened.  Now that is crazy..

I want to share a video with you that was shared with us that weekend at the beach.  It was Saturday morning, just before an hour of personal worship time. Lets just say, it set the stage for an unforgetable time of worship with the Lord. 

 We were warned to grab a few tissues before the video began, so I am going to pass along that same warning to you, my friends.  This video impacted my heart SO powerfully. So much so, in fact, that I have privately replayed it a number of times this past month to reflect upon and embrace what it stirs up within me:  It takes me away to a place of just Me and God.  It helps me to see those places in my life that I have made (and often still do make) more important than Him.   It inspires me to focus, direct and channel my motivations back to Him and surrender everything else. And it always brings me to tears.

 I feel like it shares the story of my life - maybe you can relate. Go ahead, press play. :)




Tearjerker, or what??

I'd love to hear your feedback, reactions and what this video inspires within you. 

Happy hump day and I pray your week is going beautifully!

XOXO

Kathryn



2 comments:

  1. Wow! He loves us so much! We don't deserve that kind of love, but he's willing to give it to us if we COME to him. We only need to make that decision.

    Great job, Kathryn. VERY POWERFUL! I love the blog.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes! The Lifehouse everything skit. LOVE. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete